News:

Welcome to the Unofficial Help Forum

Author Topic: Hotmail SPAM the website  (Read 5788 times)

Offline shubh

• View Profile
Hotmail SPAM the website
« on: July 15, 2012, 12:48:38 AM »
Most of the hotmail members are join automatically , how to solve it. When i will search the hotmail members IP address , they are spam.
No words left

Offline Illori

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hotmail SPAM the website
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 07:05:54 AM »
use some anti-spam mods along with the verification questions in the admin panel.

Offline shubh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 06:38:20 AM »
I am already using the some mod but they destroy it. There are a lot of method for spam but only the HOTMAIL is there. I do not know why only HOTMAIL ,not gmail yahoo or yandex etc/////////////Only hotmail spamming is there.
No words left

Offline Illori

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 06:54:31 AM »
given time you will get spam from other email providers. trying to block one provider will not stop the problem. proper anti-spam mods will do more good then trying to block email providers.

Offline Kindred

• Support Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 11:24:06 AM »
you have a few options

1- install some of the GOOD anti-spam mods (the built in CAPTCHA is basically useless against bots and humans alike)
built in - add questions
mod - Stop Forum Spam/Stop Spammer
mod - Bad Behavior + HttpBL

2- Ban all hotmail.com accounts from the site. This will prevent them from even registering.
(I have done so with all *.ru mail accounts)

Offline shubh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 11:33:18 AM »
I am already using the Cloudflare,Bad Behavior,Bots scout and are you human mod.

Stop forum spam is not working in 2.0.2 as well it creates a problem. All the spam come in my website of stop forum spam. I have uninstall the stop forum spam than some much spam is control.

I can't ban the hotmail. It will ban all the member. Previous year already ban .....yahoo@co.uk. but i have close that website.
No words left

Offline Kindred

• Support Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 11:35:25 AM »
well, I have the three items which I listed (one default feature, two mods) and my site gets ZERO spammers these days....

So, either you have something configured incorrectly, or your hotmail spammers are super-spam-bots which ignore all protections.

Offline shubh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 11:44:28 AM »
I'm always fear to install the any new mod. Previous time while install the meta tag mod crash the forum and have to install manually.

About Hotmail . I have install the new spam mod . Last 4 days , there is no spam registration from HOTMAIL.
No words left

anything