News:

Welcome to the Unofficial Help Forum

Author Topic: Moving Logo and Menu Above Wrapper  (Read 6304 times)

Offline darkknight

• View Profile
Moving Logo and Menu Above Wrapper
« on: March 16, 2013, 01:53:52 PM »
I posted this question over at SMF Support but it's buuuuuusy over there so I'd like to post it here as well.  I'm usually not this impatient it's just that I'm trying to be done with my forum and have it running by a certain date so I'm really hustling to get things in order.

Is there a way to move the logo and the menu (home, help, search etc.) above the wrapper?  This is a general mockup of how I want basic design to be.  Please ignore the links in the menu.  They're there because I was planning on using this design for a different site but decided to use it for my SMF site instead.
http://s15.postimage.org/cgrd37cm3/New_Web_Site_Sample.png

I'm running SMF 2.0.4 and I'm just using the default theme as a base and haven't edited much of it yet so it's pretty much still default stuff.

Offline Illori

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Logo and Menu Above Wrapper
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 02:19:36 PM »
i am not the best at theme stuff, but currently the spot for the logo is above the menu and the menu seems to be located where you want it already. since i dont know what changes you have done i cant really tell you exactly what you may need to do to change it to look how you want.

Offline darkknight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 02:26:21 PM »
Sorry I should've been more specific on that.  The image is just a simple mockup to further clarify where I want things to be.  I'm editing the code from the default SMF theme.  I need to know how to move the logo and menu in the default theme to where it is in that screenshot I posted :)

Offline Illori

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 03:40:37 PM »
if you look at the criterion theme [on the theme site on sm.org] it may give you some ideas to do what you want but with the menu in a different location.

as the people on sm.org said it is all in the index.template.php file you just need to move things to where you want them.

Offline darkknight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 10:06:06 AM »
I'm just not very good with PHP so I kind of getting it where I need it but it breaks something else but I'll keep playing around until I get a definite answer of what I might be doing wrong.  Thanks :)

Offline Illori

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 11:51:22 AM »
well just saying it breaks something does not help us help you, we need to know what you changed and how it "breaks". also by asking the same questions in 2 places will just lead to more confusion. it really sounds like you need to hire someone to help you get this theme the way you want as you dont really have the skills.

anything