News:

Welcome to the Unofficial Help Forum

Author Topic: Parse error  (Read 4142 times)

Offline shubh

• View Profile
Parse error
« on: June 04, 2012, 12:12:46 AM »
Hi
A big mistake is done by me. I didn't take the back up and install the mod meta modification 2.0.1

This parser error come
There was a problem loading the /Themes/actualism_202/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

I didn't know what should i do. I have remove the Meta modification from index.template.php (manually) and everything looks work good but the default theme still did not work.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:29:43 AM by shubh »
No words left

Offline Illori

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Parse error
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 05:36:49 AM »
without you attaching the file there is not much we can tell you. sounds like you did not put the code in the right place or did not copy/paste all the code and left out part of it. also dont post the code in your next post ATTACH the file to your next post if you want further help.

Offline shubh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 11:45:11 AM »
I do not know, after installing the meta modification 2.0.1. This error shows
    There was a problem loading the /Themes/actualism_202/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

No words left

Offline Illori

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 02:32:53 PM »
you have said that already, quoting it again will not help get your issue fixed. we need to see your file otherwise we cant do anything. i already told you to attach the file, if you dont you dont get help.

Offline Kindred

• Support Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 11:28:50 AM »
1- what "meta modification"? There is no mod called "meta modification" on SMF's mod site.

2- this will teach you.  Always take a backup.

3- your error and explanation makes no real sense...
it seems that you made a mistake when attempting to add or remove the modification edits
However, the theme listed there is not the default theme...   so going to yoursite.com/index.php?theme=1 should allow you to get into your site on the default theme (curve) and thus, enable you to reset your site's defaults...